Frequently Asked Questions
Got a Questions?
Below you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about our team building services.
Invite Japan has 5 main types of programs:
- Online Team Building – Teams work together to complete different puzzles and challenges online, using Zoom, Google Sheets, Google Photos, and other tools.
- The Suitcase Mystery is an indoor team building activity that can be organized at an on-site venue of your choice
- Hidden Secrets Journey is an outdoor scavenger hunt game.
- The Team Building Workshop is a supplementary program that can be added to any of the above. It includes presentations on team dynamics and extra games focused on improving communication and having fun.
- Custom Team Building – We will work with you to design an event for your team or a small part of a larger event. We are always searching for a new challenge!
– Participants join forces in small groups to solve an exciting series of logic puzzles and mental challenges. This unusual experience lays the groundwork for communication and bonding that rarely happens in typical work settings.
– Colleagues who may find it difficult to connect with each other during daily routines suddenly find themselves relying on each other in order to succeed together.
– Our Online Team Building can accommodate up to 1000 players, with teams of five players each.
– The Suitcase Mystery consists of a box designed to be played by 4-6 people. We can provide the equipment for 10-70 people to play up to 12 games all at the same time, given the proper amount of space.
– Hidden Secrets Journey is for teams of 4-6 players. The number of people all playing at the same time depends on the location of the game, but this game is typically for 40-200 people.
– We have created events for 1000+ people, so let us know what you have in mind and we will create a challenge that is right for your group.
As long as you have two players, we will find just the right event for you.
– Our Online Team Building events are very customizable. We can add messages for your team into our puzzles or answers. We can also tailor the focus of the Online Team Building to your organization’s needs (having fun, communication, managing team stress, etc.)
– The Suitcase Mystery consists of several stages that can be customized and expanded to accommodate different scenarios. Ask for further details.
– Hidden Secrets Journey is a highly customizable adventure created using existing landmarks and locations. Puzzles and answers can be developed according to given circumstances. Challenge us to create something truly special for your event!
– We recommend booking a Team Building Workshop at least one month in advance. However, it is possible to plan a games-only event in as little as a few days. Contact us as soon as possible to check and confirm availability.
– The Suitcase Mystery standard game and workshop must be booked at least one month in advance and an initial payment of at least 70% must be made at this time. Any customization requests must be made at least two months in advance.
– Hidden Secrets Journey is available at least one month in advance for Asakusa, Tokyo and Yamashita Koen, Yokohama. Requests to develop HSJ for other locations must be made at least two months in advance.
- Depending on the length of the Online Team Building, the price will be somewhat different (the following are prices person, tax exclusive):
1hr–¥2500 1.5 hrs–¥3000 2 hrs–¥3500 3 hrs–¥4000
Customized online team building events may also incur additional fees
- Suitcase Mystery pricing starts at ¥7500 per person (plus tax, 90min) and •Hidden Secrets Journey pricing starts at ¥8500 per person (plus tax, 180min), but additional charges for logistics, customization and other factors will be included as the need arises.
Let us know your budget and we will create the right event for you.
Typically, we send invoices by email to be paid via Japanese bank transfer. If you would prefer to pay via credit card, we can issue invoices through PayPal. In some cases, we can accept international payments. Contact us for details.
A non-refundable initial payment of 50% of the total must be paid in order to guarantee the date and time of any Team Building event reservation. Payment schedules are determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the location of the event, number of participants, customization options and other factors. However, full payment for any Team Building event must be received at least one week prior to the event.
No, all invoices must be paid in full before the Team Building event begins and any outstanding charges for extra participants or logistics must be settled before the Team Building event begins.
Yes, just let us know your event details and we will email an estimate to you.
No. Booking our services is similar to booking a meal at a restaurant or a seat at a concert. All of the preparation and staffing required for a quality event is done before the event. Getting an accurate number of participants for your event is necessary for invoicing, preparing the venue, presenting any associated material and running the games.
Yes, but adding participants late in the planning process requires extra attention. While it is possible to add a few people up to and including on the day of the event, payment for extra participants must be settled before the event begins. Please notify us as soon as you would like to change the agreed upon plan.
– For a typical online event, our staff, or “Game Masters”, oversee each step of the adventure from start to finish. We will present information and rules, guide players through the event, and assist with any technical difficulties as they arise. For the puzzle activities themselves, the facilitators will be on hand to provide hints and advice when requested, but for the most part, will leave the teams to enjoy the game for themselves.
– For a typical Suitcase Mystery or Hidden Secrets Journey event, staffing can be anywhere from 3 to 30, depending on the size of the event.
– For a typical Team Building Workshop, one Facilitator will lead most of the event while games are overseen and reset by a team of 3-5.
– Invite Japan’s puzzles, games, and support material are all in both English and Japanese. Our games require logic and intuition, but not necessarily language skills. Our staff is from many places around the world. We are all able to welcome players, explain the games, and answer most questions in English and Japanese, and some of us can speak other languages as well!
– The Suitcase Mystery can be played in English and Japanese.
– Hidden Secrets Journey can be played in English and Japanese.
– While the Team Building Workshop is led by a Facilitator using mostly English or mostly Japanese depending on the composition of the group, all printed support material is in both languages or is presented in a way that is language neutral. The goal is to create an inclusive presentation where everyone is able to follow along and participate equally. Throughout the event, participants are free to speak the language they are most comfortable using.
Yes, that is the point! Our games are perfect cases where language ability is not required in order to work together and be successful. In fact, by the end of your event, all participants will have a new appreciation for the unique communication styles used by everyone on your teams.
Our games are all designed to be played by groups of between 2 and 5, but sometimes more. The goal is to have several heads working together to solve problems without anyone getting lost.
Thoughtful grouping can make sure your team gets the most out of your event. There are benefits to different strategies, depending on your situation.
No. The seminar format of sitting and listening to a speaker is mostly a passive experience for participants. The goal of a Team Building Workshop is to relate to the Facilitator, but also to build strong bonds between participants. Team members will be physically active and mentally alert. Players should expect to leave the event feeling tired from all of the action, yet energized from new concepts and valuable insights.
No, once your event is booked and paid for, we begin preparing right away. Any cancellations are processed as a “no-show”. Only under rare circumstances can we allow a date or time change. In such a case, rescheduling fees would be charged.
If you will be late, contact the facility immediately and we will work with you to find a solution.
Your escape game may be part of a larger day of activities both before and after. We encourage you to give your participants plenty of time to arrive and prepare for their adventure, as well as time after the game to “cool down” and process the experience. Rushed or hurried players don’t do as well and may feel stressed rather than energized by the experience. We have organized events for thousands of teams and can help you to plan strategically so that everything goes smoothly.